A warm and musical invitation from Anda and the London Schubert Players:
Dear friends and music lovers,
The London Schubert Players continue their European musical adventure with the exploration of works written especially for them as part of the project for voice, piano and string quintet with double bass on August 24th and 25th, 6pm - 7pm in the form of open seminars, with the composers' participation and live music illustrations.
We would be delighted if you joined us the players, singers and composers - for a fascinating trip into the world of vocal and instrumental sound and their relationship, and ending with a glass of wine and conversation.
You will hear:
- a beautiful Elegy by English composer Robert Hugill with baritone Timothy Connor (24th)
- young Belarusian composer Sviatlana Rynkova's poignant Story of a Life (based on the French film Go, Live and Become (Va, Vis et Deviens) about an Ethiopian Christian boy who is given the name Shlomo, and identity of a Falasha, an Ethiopian Jew, and emigrates to Israel. Directed by Romanian-born Radu Mihăileanu, it won Most Popular International Film at the 2005 Vancouver International Film Festival and eight other international awards. The piece is written for Piano Duet and Strings and will be performed by Rynkova and myself at the piano (25th)
- Rynkova's Rain in the Pinewood with Soprano Tanya Cooling (25th)
Seating is limited so early booking is advisable. Entry by donation, from £5.
Address: London Schubert Players music studio, 72 Warwick Gardens, LONDON W14 8PP; Tel: 020 76031396
Future events which you might like to hear:
- Our Norfolk Schubertiade on August 27th - 28th in lovely old churches in rural settings (flyer attached)
- Our special Enescu event on September 19th in London's marvellous Kings Place. The booking is now open. Box Office: 020 75201490. www.kingsplace.co.uk
Invitation to Composers is supported by the European Cultural Fund and has enriched Europe's cultural heritage with 40 valuable works inspired by music, literature, visual arts, history and nature. It is building bridges between great traditions of music of the past and contemporary thought, without the use of electronics and non-musical experiments. The three explore together the roots of inspiration and the journey to the final product and its execution. The performers (during workshops) and the audience (during open workshops and concerts) have the privilege of better understanding the message through a direct dialogue with the composer.
Sent from my BlackBerry® wireless device
Asculta Radio Tv Unirea!
CNN Global Public Square
BBC News - Home
- ► 2012 (60)
- Bibliotecă digitală - românească - www.dacoromanic...
- Tabara Lacului, editia a II-a
- Tabara Lacului
- A warm and musical invitation from Anda and the Lo...
- Festivalul International de Folclor Cantecul de dr...
- “International youth creative camp” Romania, Slat...
- Suportul Dvs ne ajuta sa existam in inimile romani...
- Ganduri la inceput de drum
- ▼ July (8)